Keyboards – Cleaning and Maintenance
Have the following around to work with when you decide to work on your keyboard.
- Compressed Air – Personally, I don’t dig the disposable bottles that you can buy from the office supplies section of your favorite brick-and-mortar store. Hence, I use my ever reliable air compressor.
- Alcohol Wipes / 91%+ Isopropyl Alcohol – The purer, better! I happen to stock both at home.
- Microfiber Cloth – Preferred over your everyday paper towel because the cloth won’t scratch.
- Q-Tips – Good for the wiping between areas that you can’t really reach.
- Old Toothbrush – For the gunk that you can’t wipe off.
- A Table Knife or Flathead Screwdriver – Mainly for the deep cleaning section, when we pry off keys.